September 26, 2011

A painting in process and one that sold...

Hi everyone.  It's so nice to be back to a routine.  My next pansy is well under way.  My art class has gessoed three canvas's:  one smooth, one textured and one sculpted and I'm making progress on the painting of some black-eyed Susans (I'll post a picture after I make some more progress).


This orange pansy is a unique colour but it doesn't have the happy face the others do. It's much brighter in the painting.  Still a bit to do.

Another painting that sold at Art Walk.


My VIP mention for this week is by Leo the Toucan... yep, you read right.  He writes a great blog about Martine Alison's art.  The original is in french and the translation isn't perfect but I'm sure you will still enjoy.





5 comments:

  1. Looking good, Bonnie....I love to stop by Martine's blog, too. It's fun to go looking for the little ladybug or other critter she has hidden in the painting. Of course Leo is in there somewhere too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma chère Bonnie je viendrais bien me poser sur ton épaule et te faire une "becquée" sur la joue pour te remercier pour ce gentil lien qui m'honore...
    En somme Martine-Alison et moi Léo sommes flattés et nous te remercions en te faisant des bisous...
    (Merci aussi ma chère Carol pour tes bons mots!)

    Je suis heureuse que le chemin de la reprise se déroule bien... J'ai hâte de voir l'évolution du travail...
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pansy, Bonnie! I never saw one this color. I love Martine's blog as well. Her paintings are all Magical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the sale, Bonnie. I don't think I've ever seen an orange(-ish?) pansy before. Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful paintings! I love hearing about your classes . . . more, more, more!

    ReplyDelete