September 12, 2011

Lessons anyone?

I decided to go for it.  It's been three years since I taught adults painting, but I've been convinced to do it again.  It's always nerve racking for me but I believe we should give back to our community and since painting is what I do...  deep breath... I can do this.  There will be a get together at my home on Wednesday morning at 9:30 to get organized and find out what everyone wants to learn.  Classes will start the week after.  I've decided to supply all the materials for the first four lessons to give students the chance to learn about water soluble oils before they go out and spend money on paints, etc..

Art Walk is over for another year and, like always, I'm pumped for the coming year.  I'll post pictures over the next few days of paintings that sold.   Hope you're having a great Sept..

"Winter's Rest"
SOLD


My VIP mention for today is an artist friend of mine who calls her blog, Amo Vitam.  It's a fantastic blog that I love to read,  She's thinking of quitting her blog, which would be a shame, so go take a look at some of her past blogs.  Maybe she'll reconsider.



10 comments:

  1. Je vous souhaite une bonne nouvelle année créatrice... Mes félicitations pour "l'hiver de repos" vendu... Une belle peinture.
    Gros bisous, je rentre après ce long temps d'absence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the honourable mention! :) Yes, I might start up again with the blog- sometime. Your encouragement sure helps!
    And way to go on the teaching, and the sales. I'm not surprised "Winter's Rest" is sold; if I'd have been in the market for your paintings at ArtWalk, that's the one I would have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with the classes, Bonnie! Just remember that you know more about your subject and technique than any of your students. Plus they are there because they WANT to be there, not because Mom told them they HAD to go to school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you much success with your art classes, Bonnie. Wish we were neighbors but Maine is a bit far to call us that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, Winters Rest is a beautiful painting!!... How wonderful teaching again@. We know you can do it....sounds like its going to be a fun class!! The best of luck with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you talked me into it! AmoVitam is rebooted as of now. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ES UN HERMOSO CUADRO, QUE TENGAN BUENA SEMANA.
    UN ABRAZO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful painting! Best wishes for your upcoming classes,

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear Art Walk went well, Bonnie. Wish I could come up for your lessons. Then I wish that all the time anyway with all the wonderful artists I've met blogging.

    Love this old sailboat in dry dock. Now I find myself wondering if it is simply out of the water for the season or if it is quite forgotten. I hope the former.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you well in the new venture I have no doubt it will be a great success.Maybe your friend is just feeling like me that she wants a small break from the daily routine. I have only been working one of my two blogs for that very reason.

    ReplyDelete