October 11, 2011

Thanksgiving is over-time to get back to painting...

Our Canadian Thanksgiving is over and now to lose those pounds that remind me how good it was.  I really do love turkey and all the trimmings. :)

I didn't accomplish a lot of painting this week but I did finish another pansy.  I painted this one before and since it sold I decided to try again.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out this time.  Sorry the photo has so much shine, it's a rainy day so I didn't have enough natural light and had to use a flash.  This one won't be put in a juried competition so I'm not taking to time to make the photo perfect. It's the same as the rest: 6"x6" on gallery wrapped canvas.  I painted it using water soluble oils.

I'm looking forward to my class tomorrow.  I think there is a distinct possibility that my students will create better paintings than I do...  I'm glad to have them in my art group.

My VIP mention today is Michael Godfrey.  He paints scenes that I love.  Awesome artist.

6 comments:

  1. I only wish I could paint as well as you!! I looked at Michael Godfrey's paintings. He is truly amazing. Can you imagine how many hours it took to paint each one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pansy is looking great. Best wishes for you class tomorrow and thanks for the link. Godfrey is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pansy - love the complementary colors! have fun at your class tomorrow. some photos would be nice - pretty please!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pansy. And turkey is terribly healthy, you know, so don't feel guilty (because guilt isn't healthy, so there). And thankfulness is healthy. And I'm sure pansies are, too, or at least the smiles they bring are. Happy Post-thanksgiving-pansy-painting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is my favorite pansy yet, Bonnie. It has so much depth of color. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful pansy, Bonnie.!! Such pretty colors. Also, thank you for your VIP..Michael Godfrey's paintings are SO awesome! I had to join his blog so I won't miss any paintings.

    ReplyDelete