January 2, 2011

So much fun.

A New Year Begins.

I love new beginnings.  This year is exceptionally exciting because the store I manage has closed it's doors and I have more time to paint and to study how to improve my art.  I always start a new daily schedule this time of year and this year I have an almost completely blank calendar to build on.  So much time to have fun.

Today was busy with taking down the last of the Christmas decorations and catching up on some of the chores I couldn't get to when I was working everyday.  I did squeeze in some painting on my yellow pansy though, so it was a very successful day.  I look forward to a great year of painting and blogging. 

Below are the two paintings I am working on.  


8"x8" daisy and 6"x6" frilly pansy
Oil on gallery wrapped canvas

5 comments:

  1. looks like they are coming along very well! how do you feel about the job closing? happy painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'ai hâte de voir vos prochaines oeuvres...
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Bonnie! Looking forward to seeing what 2011 brings!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beauty of your blog header makes me come back to your blog and look at your work.
    Happy 2011.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy all your new-found time, Bonnie. I just spent hours taking down all our decorations, too and never got around to painting. I told my hubby I'm not off to a very good start this year, it's already Jan. 4 and I haven't painted one thing. Oh boy!
    Wishing you a prosperous and healthy 2011, if I haven't already. (I need to make a list!)

    ReplyDelete