September 7, 2010

Time is running out...

I had a great time at our pot luck, block party last night. The food was wonderful and the music and singing were a lot of fun. This annual fall get together is always a little sad because we all know that within a month or two, half the group will make the annual trek to the south; some to Mexico, most to Arizona and California.  While they're away the street gets soooo quiet.  The only snow birds left around are the stellar jays.

I am painting....some.  I've attached a picture of my progress and after I get back from my appointments today I'll try to add some more paint.  I go through this every year before Art Walk.  This mad rush to finish one more painting for the show.  Okay, I'll admit it.  I like the excitement.  Can I create something new and fresh for the show? The crowds are so thick during the show there are many times when there is no place for the artist to stand. It's the place were I get those coveted red dots that signify the paintings are sold.  Will I get one this year?  Oh, I do hope so.  Does it really matter....no....but.... :)

5 comments:

  1. This tells such a sweet story... Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming along well. Come on Bonnie, you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi bonnie! all is well! i am painting but right now everything i post with is out of order. will get it together soon! are you taking pictures of this event? i hope you get one of those red dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that this is looking magnificent! Today is only Wednesday so I know you can get this one done! Well...I think you can get this one done! Happy selling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The innocence of a child! love the way this painting is coming out and can't wait until you finish it. Beautiful painting Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete