April 19, 2010

The best solution for a critique.

"Summer Song"
5"x7" oil on canvas panel
One of the best ways to critique my work is to post it on my blog.  Most of the time when I go back to look, I'm horrified by some blatant error I made but didn't see until it was out there for the world to see.  The water lily that's attached again today is a good example.  This morning when I checked it out, I suddenly noticed I had shadows for some petals but not all the ones that should have. And the lily pads at the front were the same value at the front as they were at the back making them look like I was looking straight down at them (which I wasn't). Sigh... oh well... here it is again.


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Loved it first time round and still do. Now what if it had sold and you noticed that? That has happened to me so I tend now not to look too long or too hard. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very delicate and beutiful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete