April 30, 2010

Another little oil painting.

Hi folks.  I'm working away on the family portrait I mentioned in my last post, but wanted to put something new on my blog.  Since I'm usually a person of few words I couldn't think of anything worthwhile to type about so I had to paint something.

I did make a trip to the local art supply store and bought one more water soluble oil paint: titanium white.  Now I have two colours.  The painting attached is my start...only one colour so far.  Now I have to wait for it to dry before adding white.  I'm not used to this drying time but it does work out well when I should be working on my other painting.  I guess I better get back at it, now that my coffee break is over.

"Coffee break"
5"x 7" oil on fine art board

Hope you have a great day of creating.

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

  1. This looks like it's going to be a great painting. I really love the way that you show the reflection of the coffee cup in the pot. Can't wait to see and hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start heather I am sure it will be good. Is this the coffee pot you will pour the coffee from when I am sitting in that great rocking chair like a king.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful start! Love the metallic glints on the little pot; very well done, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie ... I have never used oils, I will watch this painting with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone. I guess you'll have to come to Kelowna, British columbia for that coffee Ralph. The rest of you are welcome too. We'll pick you up at the airport.

    Thanks for the nice comments Myra and AutumnLeaves.

    Ingrid, I keep using these oils like watercolours. My mind hasn't caught on to the idea that this isn't how they are meant to be used!!??? Maybe the next painting.

    ReplyDelete