April 19, 2011

What happened to the time?

Boy, time sure does slip by quickly.  I've been painting daily but still don't have anything completed to show you.  My cat painting is almost done, I finished two more panels on my 4'x6' piece and I started a big daisy painting.

Unfortunately I had to paint over my new one that'll be a garden scene with a bunch of daisies.  I really want to to make this painting subdued but I'm having trouble getting the subtle background colours in place.  While I love the challenge, I don't like quitting and starting over... sigh.

I'm also trying to come up with something to take to the virtual party for JanettMarie as mentioned in my last post.  I have a hunch I will have to take a photo instead of a delicious painting like I planned.  Keep an eye on her blog so you know when to attend :).

Hugh
It was my husbands birthday yesterday so I thought I'd share the small 5"x7" portrait I did of him last year.  He fills my life with so much joy.

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Bonnie.....was thinking about you today. Myra posted and I thought "hey, where's Bonnie been?" Funny how one thing can connect you to another. Hope you are well. Happy birthday to Hugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, Bonnie! I didn't realize I missed a post! I think this is a lovely portrait of Hugh. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great piece and you certainly motivated me!

    ReplyDelete