October 23, 2010

I volunteered at the "Art Gallery" today in Lake Country.  Being there for five hours gave me a great opportunity to view the art on display.  The theme was "Harvest".  I especially liked the fact that I knew over half of the artists who had their art displayed.  One artist, Mary Bull is in her nineties and her work is renowned in our area .  I hope I can paint when/IF I reach that age.
Mary Bull
Red chair and Fruit

A friend, Marlene G. McPherson had her art on display.  I love her acrylic done with pallet knife.  Marlene is known throughout our area as the artist to go to for painting lessons.

Marlene G. McPherson
Camp Road

I recommend if you have the time that you visit your local art gallery soon and better yet volunteer a couple hours. The blessings are multiple.




6 comments:

  1. What a nice thing to do, Bonnie. I bet it was very interesting. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s always a pleasure
    to see such a Wonderful Work
    good creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, thanks for this inspirational post..that is a remarkable art by Mary Bull, hope I can be like her when I age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Bonnie. Hope that cold is whipped and sounds like you are back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete