January 1, 2010

The New Year has begun!!!

I hope sleeping in 'til nine isn't a sign that I'm going to have a lazy year.  The snow is drifting down outside my window, I have my coffee close at hand and life is good.  My anticipation for this coming year is almost tangible.

What do I want to accomplish this year???  Lots of personal stuff like losing weight, etc. I won't bore you with, but on a professional level, that's where you can help keep me on track.

I want to paint every day, even if it's just for a few minutes.  My studio has taken over the diningroom, so I won't be neglecting my sweet husband, Hugh.  What I tend to neglect is my art.  It just sits there and taunts me.  So, I would appreciate it, if once in a while, one of you would ask in the comment box, "Have you painted today?"

I especially want to post here at least every other day.  I'm hoping I can get to know some of you.  I haven't figured out how to make this a truly interactive site yet, but I'll be watching some of my favourite blogs like;  Last Cup of Coffeeand Different Strokes from Different Folks and Carol Nelson's Fine Art blog for ideas.

The other thing I want to do this year is finish the novel I'm writing.  I'm working on the third edit.  This will still take some time since I'm short about twenty thousand words to make it the size I want.  I would love to say I will publish it this year but that may only be a dream.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.  There... I said it.  Now I have to keep my word and work at it regularly.  This self motivation thing is hard.

Anyway dear friends and followers,  I hope that all of you have a wonderful year.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me. As a true artist I think that you will have no other choice but to paint almost everyday (until you get to those little 'down' times.) It's called 'the call of the paint'. Like you 'I must paint' or 'I must draw' or I must think about painting or drawing every day! You are either painting or thinking about it right now aren't you?

    ReplyDelete