April 1, 2010

My husband's office, the second bedroom, has become my new studio.  So far it seems to be working well. I even get to spend more time with my sweetheart. Bonus.

I wanted to paint a picture using a minimum number of strokes.  I see so many wonderful paintings on the web that look fresh and beautiful using this technique.  I tried.  It didn't work.  I had to go in with my small brushes and put in more detail.  I haven't giving up so stay tuned.

Here's my recent attempt.

"Young Robins"
6"x 6"
 Oil on 1.5" gallery wrapped linen.
$60.00 plus shipping


Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. This painting is just soooo cute! It made me hungry for lunch! I love the way the blue and green work together and the way the leaves cover the robins. beautiful! Also, let's see photos of this BONUS and also of your new studio. PLEASE!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myra, the bonus is pictured on March 24th's blog. lol
    As for my studio..it's just a white corner with an easel and a table for my paints.
    I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If going in with the small brushes produces this kepp them to hand and look after them. I like it I have a pair of robins building in my back garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painting looks great, Bonnie! But I understand (too well) what it's like to want to be loose but wind up painting details.
    Well done robins!

    ReplyDelete