November 27, 2010

Snow and hot chocolate

I love to look at fresh snow.  It makes everything look so new and clean.  I would be quite content to stock my cupboards and stay inside all winter and look out at it.  I dislike icy roads and I'm not a fan of being cold.  I tried skating again last year and found out the ice is a lot harder now that I'm older.  I quickly gave away my skates and slowly recuperated from meeting the ice, chest first, very suddenly.  This winter my plan is to work seldom, paint often, and every late afternoon to curl my feet up on the couch and sip hot chocolate while I enjoy the sun setting on the pretty white stuff on the other side of my window.

I might be finished my celebrity painting.  (but not likely)

12" x 16"oil on stretched canvas

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie, I know exactly what you mean about not going out in the icey weather. I love the snow but it has to be pure snow; none of the other stuff that often tags along with it. I do love to shovel; such great exercise and I get to spend an hour of quality time with my husband and grandson. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the painting looks FANTASTIC!! she looks fresh and cheerful and even her eyes are smiling! I love the pins on her jacket as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of interesting points to study here,, that includes her smile, her thins chains and the pins on her collar.. she looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the detail work you have done, it brings her to life.
    SNOW ! ! ! Here in Las Vegas we enjoy looking at it on the mountain. We have it just the way we want it, we visit it then come home to the sunshine. I do love looking at the snow and when it falls it's so quiet it doesn't even whisper.

    ReplyDelete