October 21, 2010

A portrait of a local celebrity.

It's great to be painting again.

I'm working on a portrait that will be given at a public event after Christmas.  By putting this statement out on the world wide web I'm committing myself to the project.  It's scary considering the short period of time I've been doing portraits.  My insecurities are running amuck.  What if it doesn't turn out...  What if she doesn't like my interpretation... What if I wreck it...   Ok Bonnie Heather...take a deep breath.  It's only a painting... and it's only October.  There is lots of time to start over and no one will care if I never do it.  This WILL be fun.

Whew!  That was close... almost had a panic attack :].  I think I needed that.  I was getting a little too proud of myself with cheques coming in from purchased paintings and requests to show my art.  I'm a long way from quitting my day job and I have a whole lot to learn when it comes to painting with oils.  

Here's what I've accomplished so far.  I don't have to worry about anyone recognizing who it is yet but someday soon.  I have confidence it will happen.  

8 comments:

  1. Bonnie,

    go ahead...
    it will be a nice portrait...

    waiting for the result...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally identify with the panic attack moments. It's one thing when we just paint for ourselves, but a whole other animal when it's for someone else. Best of luck! I'm sure it will be great:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've no doubt you'll do a wonderful job, Bonnie. You are very talented, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting much joy by watching you grow and expand. Here's a new mantra for you "I can do this. I can do this..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I can do this... I can do this. You folks are wonderful encouragers. Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like it's going to be great! just keep going forward! you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Bonnie,
    I know your feeling very well. Please relax yourself first. Like you say, have fun. Like a little child, enjoy drawing and painting. Your brushes will dance on a canvas.
    Best regards, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure it will be great portrait. Probably some people who know the subject might already be able to tell who she is at this stage. :)

    ReplyDelete